Friday, July 11, 2008

I need an Ocracoke morning

That's the phrase I thought of yesterday as I was feeling a little weary and thought it would make a great tagline for an Outer Banks campaign.

But I really do need an Ocracoke morning, or two or a week's worth. It seems everyone I know has been enjoying vacations. I am keeping my eyes on two of my neighbors houses next week as they will be gone, and my other neighbor was away a few weeks ago. It doesn't look like we'll have a vacation this year, although my husband is talking about going to Mississippi to visit his dad. Not quite a vacation when you visit in-laws in MS. But, we'd make the best of it.

Ocracoke is my favorite O.B. location though. So quiet and calm. You have to take a ferry to get to it. Ride your bike all over the place and stay at the beach all day. Ahhhh.... My son made some contraption that I keep by my desk that reminds me of the ocean. He took an empty root beer plastic bottle and filled it with pea gravel and water. When you tip it over and back, it sounds like the ocean. It's my beach in a bottle!

1 comment:

Aimee D said...

Oh..Ocracoke or Duck I will take anyday...just not the drive!

Glad to see you back in the blogworld...now I need you back in the email or phone call world! : tee hee