Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Better bag alternatives

After doing a little research on grocery bags and looking for alternatives, the cost, etc. I found this site: http://www.reusablebags.com/ They have a ton of bags you can buy to use for shopping as well as lunch boxes/bags.

I have been wanting to find Ezra a new lunchbox before he starts kindergarten and have found Bento boxes to be a wonderful idea. I am constantly buying zip-loc bags because I can't find plastic containers small enough to fit neatly into his rigid plastic lunchbox (currently he has a Yoda one purchased at Big Lots). I also want to find a small thermos. Since he loves soup and chili, I'd like to send him to school with some during the cold weather, but not have to microwave it. So, I am still on the lookout for the perfect squatty yet petite thermos.

Anyway, I just got to reading about the bag/plastic issue and came upon this news article about soft vinyl lunchboxes. One out of five tested had large amounts of lead! Read the article: http://www.nrcm.org/news_detail.asp?news=1318

So, I am working on making some more grocery bags (see below) and hopefully have enough to sell at Charlotte Farmer's Market. Wouldn't that be fun?! I could try selling on Etsy, but it is so saturated right now, and I really have found that when I post things on Etsy to sell, I find myself checking my email and how many hearts I have waaaay too much to be productive.

No comments: