Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shopping bag


I am so excited and encouraged about this. Tonight my mom and dad have Ezra spending the night and so, I felt the urge to sew. It's not related or anything, but it does definitely give me some extra time and energy. I have been wanting to get some cloth shopping bags for a while, but can't bring myself to spend money on them.

So, I went online and found this pattern to use (free! - http://www.thecreativethimble.com). I have some fabric from my mom's business and wanted to use it some way neat and useful. So, here's my shopping bag! I am so ready to make more. It was fun and my sewing skills don't stink! It's been a long time since I've sewn anything so complex.

The bag inside out. I lined it with muslin and glued the sewn triangles to the bottom to make the bag more sturdy.

1 comment:

Aimee D said...

LOVE IT!

make me one! :)