Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Catawba Handmade is now live

As if I didn't have enough going on...

But putting this site up was sooooo easy with Yahoo site builder (I sound like an ad). Sure you can't change the color or the graphics, but for now, it's perfect for what we need.

Anyway, CatawbaHandmade.com is the site for our growing group of artisans and craftspeople in the Catawba Valley area. All members belong to Etsy (That's how we met), but I suspect that we'll get some members who have never heard of the site.

We're meeting at Barnes & Noble tomorrow for coffee at 10 AM, if any soapers want to come join us, hint hint. :)

Right now we're just forming, so there's no huge mission statement. But the idea behind it is to help our community know that they can support our local economy by buying handmade and shopping local. I also have grand ideas like starting a supplies bank for folks who do not have the money to spend on craft supplies or for school systems to use, underprivileged or at-risk teens, maybe even teen mothers to learn how to knit or crochet. Stuff like that. Anyway, check out the site. I need more photos, but so far, none of our members really know its up yet! www.catawbahandmade.com

I have lots to do today. I may ask Tony for this week off. Thank God for mornings, when everyday starts over again (yesterday was just icky, to put it lightly). Nothing major was wrong, just was in a rotten mood and feeling cagey.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Sounds great Jenn...I will be there. How many have you met so far in our area? I will check out that website!

Aimee D said...

i want in...bummer i don't live there anymore! :)
how exciting.
sorry you had a cagey day...only a few more days until our 24 hours away from responsibilities :) yippee