Sunday, March 2, 2008

Father/Son Pattern does not mean both

So, Ezra's been bugging me about making a robe for him for the past few months. I think it's less about being cozy and warm on chilly mornings than to wear it around the house to feel like a Jedi. Must be why he chose the dark brown fleece over Spongebob.

Anyway, big sale on patterns today, 99 cents instead of $6. I bought one that was labeled as a "Father and Son" pattern, meaning you can dress your child like your husband. How cute, I thought! And what a deal!! I can buy this one pattern and it will have all the sizes I need for both Jason and Ezra.

I was surprised, however, when I unfolded the pattern tonight to cut. It's either/or and I bought the adult size. Duh.

So, knowing Jason probably would never wear a robe, I guesstimated Ezra's size. This should be interesting. The size pattern I had was for an adult male small, medium or large. How that will transpose to a little four year old, we'll have to see. I will post the photo when it's done.

Next time you think it's too good to be true, just remember it probably is and that you're not as smart as you thought you were! ha!!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Jenn, I had to laugh at that one! Can't wait to see the finished product!