Sunday, April 6, 2008

Test of faith

The first of the month has historically been a tight one, and April is no exception. With our tax refund, we paid the remainder of our car payment and a good hunk of our credit card (computer). We also switched to Bellsouth bundling and dropped Charter and are saving $50 a month.

Even so, this month is tight and this week I had the choice of writing our tithe check or having grocery money. So, against all common sense (according to the world), I wrote the check out on Friday, trusting God to provide since it's a long time until our next payday. Plus I had a "backup" in the form of our savings account (set up for a really rainy day).

Well, on Saturday morning, we received a reward check from Bellsouth (since we switched to DSL). And on Saturday evening, we got a phone call from our Iwanna ad about Ezra's train table. The family came and picked it up right after church today.

God constantly reminds me that He will take care of us if we obey and trust in Him. Some days I forget that. And some days I doubt - hence my backup. Even in my partial trust, God has blessed me by reminding me that money is in His control as much as the rain or the rotation of the earth. Money is nothing to trust in. God is the only constant in my life.

2 comments:

Aimee D said...

Amen! God truly does provide and I too forget that every minute...on another note; you've been tagged and you better do it this time! see my blog for more info :)

Dorothy said...

Jenn, it reminds me of our "mailbox experiences" when Dad was at Bible College in SC....remember? We were so low on groceries, and were just relying on God to provide...and one day went out to get the mail, and it never failed! There was a check of love from someone from our church in Florida! God does provide in such wonderful ways!!